Rainbow Beach, part of the Sunshine Coast, is fortunate to be surrounded by National Parks and even more fortunate to be allowed to camp there in our Protected Area called Inskip Peninsula. As our name suggests, Rainbow Beach is a beachside town. We are a popular launching pad for visiting Fraser Island. We have many options to choose from when deciding where to camp.
For convenience, we have tried to break those choices down into 3 categories.
QPWS also manage our surrounding National Parks. We are surrounded by the Great Sandy National Park which includes the Northern Cooloola Sections and Fraser Island, Double Island Point, Teewah Beach and Freshwater.
Travel Time from Sunshine Coast:
1 hour 47 minutes
Travel Time from Brisbane Airport
2 hours 43 minutes
Travel Time to Fraser Island
Current Camp Site Time
12: 51: 36
Sunset Time to Start Fire
THINGS TO DO
- Before camping in a park, forest or reserve, you must obtain a camping permit and pay your camping fees.
- Most camping areas can be booked online, at an over-the-counter booking office or by phone.
- There is a high demand for some camping areas so book early to avoid disappointment.
- We have set about removing the barriers from experiencing camping.
- For those who love camping but not setting up and packing up, need never to worry again.
- For those heading to Fraser Island, you can hire your 4WD in Rainbow Beach and pick up your camping equipment on your way through to barge over to the Island.
0419 464 254
Rainbow Beach Qld 4581