What do I need to bring?


Download our Camping checklist below.

> What to Bring Checklist <


Do I need a 4WD and a Vehicle Access Permit ?


There are many sites accessible by 2 WD but having a 4WD opens up more options. 2wd can be parked at the campground entrance for an easy walk to your site. We will help transport your luggage. No Vehicle Access Permit is required at Inskip.


Can you just get a camping permit and set up your own camp?


Sure can. Phone Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service on 13 74 68 or book online at


What happens if it rains?

Rain, wind, sunshine and storms are all part of the camping experience. Our tents are secure and dry and able to handle most things Mother Nature throws at them. Our undercover tarps provide great cover and have mesh all around to protect from the elements. We are there to assist if you have any concerns.


Are there toilets and showers at Inskip?


Hybrid toilets (environmentally friendly long drops) scattered throughout the park. No showers. Our ultimate camps come with your own private toilet and shower onsite.


Where do you set up your camps? Do you have your own campground?


We utilise the Protected Inskip Peninsula Recreation area which is managed by the Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service overlooking Fraser Island.


Is there mobile phone coverage at Inskip?


Mobile phone coverage is patchy but available if you are with Telstra or Optus. Vodafone is not recommended and rarely receives signal. There are pockets of stronger signals closer to the water and on the bitumen roads.

“The difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude.”


Email us or text for the quickest response. We can’t always find the phone or get reception!